Want to help the greyhounds?
You can easily donate!
Be a Greyhound Ambassador
Here are some of the easiest ways to promote greyhound adoption:
- Be willing to talk and answer questions about what it’s like to own a greyhound when you’re out in public with your grey.
- Enroll your greyhound in basic obedience or Canine Good Citizen classes. Nothing makes a great impression like a well-behaved hound.
- Encourage interested people to contact Hurry Home Hounds or attend an upcoming event.
Search & Shop Online through GoodSearch.com
Turn everyday actions like searching the web and shopping online into donations for Hurry Home Hounds with GoodSearch.com. Every search raises a penny, and each purchase raises up to 6% or more toward helping greyhounds find their forever homes. You can even use it when you dine out!
Donate Your Creativity
Can you write, take photographs, sew, make crafts, etc.? Hurry Home Hounds is always looking for people to help with the website, take photos and videos of adoptable hounds, or donate handmade crafts as fundraisers for upcoming events. If you’ve got a talent and a few moments to spare, email us at email@example.com. We and the hounds would love your help.
Volunteer at an Upcoming Event
Hurry Home Hounds is always in need of volunteers to attend events and spread the word about greyhounds and greyhound adoptions. Hurry Home Hounds asks that all volunteers:
- Be friendly and willing to speak to all members of the public during an event.
- Are knowledgeable about greyhounds and their characteristics as a family pet. You can brush up on your greyhound knowledge on our Life with Greyhounds page.
- Answer questions they can, and defer questions they can’t to other volunteers or offer to find answers and follow up later
- Explain the adoption process and provide copies of the adoption application to interested visitors.
- Never promise a specific greyhound to a family. The greyhounds currently in foster care may already be spoken for or may not be suitable for the family.
- Consider bringing their own well-behaved greyhounds and children, so long as they are comfortable in public places around other hounds.
If you are interested in volunteering at or if you know of an event where Hurry Home Hounds can appear, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.